Planning a long trip? Here’s a handy checklist before you set off.
1. Get a good nights’ sleep the night before heading away.
2. Ensure your car has had a recent service with brakes, oil, water checked.
3. Map out your trip so there is plenty of time to get there and you aren’t tempted to speed or skip rest stops.
4. Take regular breaks if you feel tired
5. Share driving where possible
6. Do not drink alcohol before or during a long trip.
7. Make sure all luggage is properly secured and won’t become projectiles in the case of sudden braking..
8. Make sure luggage isn’t blocking the rear view window.